Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Mom. Where would I be without her? For the majority of my childhood years it was just the two of us. My dad died when he was 20. Mom was still 19. I was 14 months old. I believe those circumstances gave us an even closer bond than most mothers and daughters. She was, and still is, my best friend. There were no years of teenage angst, when I couldn't stand my mother. There's never been a time when I wasn't 100% certain that she knew more about life than I did. Without her influence, there's no way I could be the woman that I am today. I love you Carolyn Yvonne Barnes!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. VERY NICE!
    Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete