Monday, April 26, 2010

This Tree is Getting Full!


I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I should get something up here before bed tonight! A little over a week ago, I spent a few days begging for stories from my grandfather, my great aunt, and my cousin... and my efforts were so rewarded!! Not only did I get some interesting stories about my Cummons side from my grandfather, my great aunt and cousin were able to tell me things I had never known about my grandmother's side, and that information opened up a number of "leafy discoveries" on ancestry.com With any luck, I will get some of that information posted in the next few days, but one little thing that made me smile: I finally landed an ancestor in Ireland! Whoot! That would be a William Balum Dempsey, a native of Dublin in the early 1700s. I am connected to the Dempsey name through my paternal grandmother's side. Yeah, this little tree of mine is getting crowded, but that's okay, I like the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment